Last updated: February 2023
We at Team Aligned Ltd. (“Aligned“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our Customers and their personnel and Buyers. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you visit our website (“Site“) or use our platform (“Platform“) and/or use our services thereon (“Services“). This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service, available at https://alignedup.com/terms/ (“Terms“). “You” means an individual using the Services.
“Personal Data” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data we collect when we provide the Services to you.
- Personal Data We Collect
- In order to use our Platform, you will be required to register with the email account associated with the applicable Customer. When you register, we automatically collect certain Personal Data associated with such account, namely, your email address, and the image used as an avatar. You may also choose to add your name, title, company name, additional images, and your phone number.
- We also collect Personal Data when you make use of the Site or Platform, including when you request information from us, or contact us for any other reason. If you use the Platform by logging in through a third-party account, such as your Google or Microsoft account (“Login Account“), we may also receive Personal Data about you as provided through such Login Account and in accordance with the permissions that you give us in such account. Please check such third party’s policies in order to understand what information we receive. We also collect any materials or User Content you may upload to the Platform or make available to us through your Login Account. Subject to your approval, this may include your contact list and calendar.
- In addition, when you use the Site or the Platform, we gather certain information automatically about your computer or mobile device, such as your operating system, your IP address, as well as your browsing history and any other information regarding your use, viewing, and purchase history on our Site or Platform.
- You are under no legal obligation to provide us with any Personal Data. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide certain information, we may not be able to register you to the Platform and/or provide you with Services.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- General. We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers use the Personal Data we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the Services; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and Services; (4) to provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising about our Services on other third-party sites or apps you may visit, or via e-mail; (5) to contact you with informational newsletters and promotional materials relating to our Services; (6) to review the usage and operations of our Site, Platform, and Services; (7) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (8) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Site, Platform, and Services, and address any problems with the Site, Platform, and/or Services; and (9) to provide customer support.
- Statistical Information and Analytics We and use analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to collect and analyze information about the use of the Site and Platform, such as how often users visit the Site or Platform, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites and mobile applications they used prior to visiting. By analyzing the information we receive, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users. This helps us improve our Services by allowing us to identify new trends and customer needs, which in turn allows us to consider new products and services or tailor existing products and services accordingly. The information we collect is anonymous and aggregated and we will not link it to any Personal Data. We may share such anonymous information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion. You can find more information about how Google collects information and how you can control such use at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect. We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
- Customer. As part of the Services, certain Personal Data that you provide or that is collected about your use of the Platform will be shared with the relevant Customer.
- Service Providers and Subcontractors. We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our Services; (3) for the purpose of direct marketing (see above for more details).
Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with IT and system administration services, data backup, security, and storage services, data analysis and help us serve advertisements and provide other marketing services.
- International Transfers. By accepting this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge and agree that we may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and may send them information we receive (including Personal Data). All of our subcontractors and service providers will be subject to non-disclosure and non-use obligations.
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation). In such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your Personal Data with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party’s rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice); (ii) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation; or (iii) when required by subpoena, court order or the order of another governmental or law enforcement authority.
- Legal Uses. We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law, for example, to comply with audit and other legal requirements.
- Advertisers. When you click on an ad, whether or not it’s on our Site, the relevant advertiser will be alerted that someone has visited the page on which the relevant advertisement was displayed, and may be able to identify that it was you by using certain mechanisms, like cookies.
- Security. We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to and collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you may request to see any Personal Data you have provided to us and request that such Personal Data be corrected or updated by emailing us at [email protected].
- Data Retention. Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes. In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
- What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user’s browser or device. The browser provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this user returns.
- A “session cookie” is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the Site.
- A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device until you delete it.
- First-party cookies are placed by us, while third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- We may use the terms “cookies” to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above, such as web beacons or “pixel tags”.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. However, the cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories:
|Type of Cookie||Why We Use These Cookies|
|Necessary||These cookies are necessary in order to allow the Platform to work correctly. They enable you to access the Platform, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.|
|Security||These cookies can help us identify and prevent security risks. They may be used to store your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your login information.|
|Performance/Analytics||These cookies can help us collect information to help us understand how you use our Site or Platform, for example whether you have viewed messages or specific pages and how long you spent on each page. This helps us improve the performance of our Site or Platform, as applicable.|
|Advertising||These cookies are placed on our Site in order to deliver content, including ads relevant and meaningful to you and your interests. They may also be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This can help us track how efficient advertising campaigns are. Such cookies may track your browsing habits and activity when visiting our Site and those of third parties. Note that we do not use Advertising cookies within the Platform.|
- How to Adjust Your Preferences. Most Web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the Services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed. For example, if you delete cookies that store your account information or preferences, you will be required to input these each time you visit.
- Third-Party Applications and Services. All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party’s terms and privacy policies.
- Communications. We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of thirteen (13) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Site or via email.
- Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at [email protected].